Meet Tom Giglione, an experienced tutor with a very different view.
In this episode you will learn:
How you can use idiomatic language straight away!
Why the examiners ask you weird questions?#!
Why perfect is impossible in the IELTS (that is why it only goes up to nine, and not ten).
Sign up for the updates…
… and then have a listen to Toms great tips including:
- Why you should approach the IELTS as a skill.
- Why the speaking and writing test are also reading tests.
- Why practise doesn’t always lead to perfection.
- The advantages of reading your work aloud back to yourself, after writing.
- Tom has great advice for the speaking.
- On the interview he shares:
- Why it isn’t necessary to know about the topic.
- Where the examiner is really focussing.
- And a great strategy on how to make a comment about the question…STRAIGHT AWAY.
- Also find out why they ask such crazy questions!!!
Start a blog, write in it everyday (new words, events etc).
Also try changing habits such as reading in English, watching Ted Talks, communicating (native speaker not necessary).
Use Audacity to record your voice daily.
To get idiomatic language, go and search for: ‘The Teacher idioms’ and get used to using this kind of language.
Tom on the Writing part
Tom recommends counting your words, timing yourself, and at 35 minutes stop writing and review.
Check for articles and plurals (common mistakes).
More writing = more opportunity for mistakes.
Get used to writing 10-12 words a line (easier to count).
One final thought…. please make your own writing legible:)
Don’t forget to check out Tom’s new website “Dr Vip Method.”
Then let me know what you thought about this IELTSPodcast masterclass by leaving a comment below.
Also remember to sign up for updates (it’s free).